Yes it is the ignorance, it has to be the most irritating part of listening to the political whores and the useless goofy morons on the internet that continue to support firearm control/confiscation and then prove a vacuous blind ignorance. The overwhelming desire to ask "would you please stop the regurgitated Bullshit and at least try and read something factual or historical about some of the items you are blathering about?"
I can only guess the ignorance of the statist confiscation supporters would be embarrassing, except the major trait of an ignorant delusional vacuous narcissist is an inability to recognize that self delusion. Some of the best are when one of the ignorant zombies dredges up the old canard "You just want to be like Rambo" when in fact the gun industry and the "gun culture" within the US uses "Rambo" as a pejorative to replace Walter Mitty.
The above video is a laugh riot, below is a play-by-play.
1. Designed to allow "spray fire" from the hip? None of the firearms on her little poster are designed to "fire from the hip.” The only thing close to the ridiculous Hollywood “spray from the hip” is the low sling position first introduced by the US army for use with the .30 Browning Automatic Rifle for suppressive fire, this is not "spray from the hip" but an aimed by adjustment field tactic developed for fire and maneuver advancement. A typical hood-rat would not even understand the application. The .30 Browning Automatic Rifle would not even make the "assault weapon" list due to lack of features but does fire an extremely powerful cartridge.
This person is unable to even give an accurate account of her terminology, nor does she have a grasp of a shred of the history at the root of the nonsense word she uses. The Assault Rifle or Sturmgewehr "storm/assault rifle” is a real word and has a real definition and is the base for this propaganda twaddle. The established media propaganda producers were able to capitalize on the ignorance of the general public sadly weened on stupid movies containing evil-looking or "tacti-cool" props with massive special effects applied in compositing/Foley. Honestly the made-up nonsense word "assault weapon" is a politically-motivated pejorative that has recently morphed into "High powered assault weapon" among the super ignorant and whorish firearm control/confiscation batch like Schumer and Feinstein.
2. The larger companies of the established firearms industry until the last few years refused to even enter into the catalogs of products any weapon that resembled anything the control/confiscation types wanted to call an "assault weapon". The demand was from the buyers not the marketing. Many small, quick to react companies started production to fill the demand, the larger companies did not and paid the price for that decision, some continue to pay a price.
3. Bullets from an "assault weapon" are no different than any from any other type of gun in the same caliber, all rifle bullets will penetrate both sides (and the person in the center) of a typical "bullet proof vest" like a hot knife in butter. Most "assault weapons" fire cartridges that are low-power or underpowered by full sized rifle standards.
4. The "assault weapon" poses no additional threat to the typical LEO than any other firearm, in fact real data on the use of "assault weapons" against police show that less than 5% of all crimes against police (numbers are similarly low for the general public) with a firearm include an "assault weapon." The bogus figure of one in five police who are killed with a firearm are killed with an "assault weapon" is without a doubt a lie, a falsehood that will not withstand even the first few pages of research.
5. This babbling idiot wants to talk about the "spirit of the law” - a law that had no real basis in reality. The "assault weapons ban" was actually written by someone from within the gun industry (Bill Ruger) in an attempt to save his failing sales by eliminating his competition. Bill Ruger's dirty secret, the NRA paid cover-up.
The law was based on what a firearm "looked like" and its attachments not the true function. So again we see the ignorant following the whores. One of the provisions of the "Assault weapons ban" was "A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm” in effect all of them are "copy-cats” and that was the basis of this ridiculous law.
6. The velocity of the bullets? You want to ask her "are you delusional?” To this day the .30-06 is the most popular rifle round in the US, I know of no rifle that would fit even her idea of an "assault weapon” that can fire this large full sized rifle cartridge. The .30-06 can be fired with a bullet double the weight and can have double the powder charge that can fit into the most popular assault rifle cartridge. .30-06 is a truly deadly round specifically designed to kill large game, it towers above the intermediate cartridges of the assault rifle - lady you are just delusional and embarrassingly ignorant.
7. Designed to allow "spray fire" - Jesus, Mary, and Joseph what a fuckwit (see #1).
8. The "evil black gun" is attractive to "mass murderers," ugh, can we be honest here? Most of the crimes now called mass murdering sprees were connected to mental problems. I have seen some indication that most or all of the well known murdering events were committed by individuals under the prescription of anti-depressant drugs. We have also been lucky the crimes used as propaganda by the established media were not committed with a simple shotgun, the deaths would be double or triple.
I want to return to the part about ignorance I think the following video about sums up the typical ignorance. It provides perfect example of just what you can expect from the typical political whore.
Criminals do use tools to frighten victims, the firearm is a particularly deadly tool that can be used in the trade of thievery, robbery, and in the hands of the insane or predatory it is frightening.
So what do we see in crime? The top 10 guns used in crimes are predominantly small, inexpensive, easy to operate and conceal handguns, the only "long gun" to make the list is the effective and extremely deadly pump shotgun.
The actual list of most criminally used firearms:
1. Smith and Wesson .38 revolver
2. Ruger 9 mm semiautomatic
3. Lorcin Engineering .380 semiautomatic
4. Raven Arms .25 semiautomatic
5. Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun
6. Smith and Wesson 9mm semiautomatic
7. Smith and Wesson .357 revolver
8. Bryco Arms 9mm semiautomatic
9. Bryco Arms .380 semiautomatic
10. Davis Industries .380 semiautomatic
None of the pistols or the shotgun would make it to the “assault weapons” list and only the S&W and Ruger have magazines that would hold more than ten rounds.
None on the list have a barrel shroud, bayonet lug, magazine outside of the grip, grenade launcher, or flash hider...
For a humorous rundown of the list try this site.