Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Betrayal of the Constitution: An Exposé of the Neoconservative Agenda
Posted by Nick
We've been neo-conned! The neoconservatives - a name they gave themselves - have diligently worked their way into positions of power and influence. They documented their goals, strategy and moral justification for all they hope to accomplish. Above all else, they were not and ARE NOT true conservatives dedicated to limited, constitutional government.
If the neocons retain control of the conservative, limited-government movement in Washington, the ideas once championed by conservatives of limiting the size and scope of government, will be a long-forgotten dream.
Here is a partial summary of what neocons believe:
1. They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution - violent as well as intellectual.
2. They are for redrawing the map of the Middle East and are willing to use force to do so.
3. They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends.
4. They accept the notion that the ends justify the means.
5. They express no opposition to the welfare state.
6. They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive.
7. They believe a powerful federal government is a benefit.
8. They believe pertinent facts about how a society should be run should be held by the elite and withheld from those who do not have the courage to deal with it.
9. They believe neutrality in foreign affairs is ill-advised.
10. They believe imperialism, if progressive in nature, is appropriate.
11. Using American might to force their ideals on other nations is acceptable.
12. They endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.