Are you a conservative? Do you suffer from Paul Derangement Syndrome or PDS? If you are not sure, here are following list of the symptoms:
- Do often refer to Ron Paul supporters as “Paulbots” or “Ronulons”? Do you refer to Ron Paul himself as “RuPaul”?
- Do you like to say that Ron Paul blames the United States for 9/11, even though he has referred specifically to the foreign policy of the United States government?
- Do you say he is an anarchist because of his associations with Lew Rockwell and because many of his ideas came from Ludwig Von Mises and Murray Rothbard?
- Do you say he is a racist because of the articles published in his name while overlooking that he has admitted his own failure in properly editing the magazines in question?
- Do you constantly say he cannot win despite polling data that tends to argue otherwise?
- Do you state that you will not vote for him, even if that means another four years of President Obama?
- Do you bash his followers and demand that Ron Paul denounce them even though they are spread across the entirety of the Internet?
- Do believe he is out to destroy the Republican party, even though you are disgusted with the current Republican party’s actions with Obamacare and the debt ceiling?
- Do you agree with Ron Paul 90% of the time, but would rather vote for someone who you agree with 75% of the time?
If you are a conservative and suffer from any one of the above symptoms, then you may be a PDS sufferer. Unfortunately, there is no treatment for such a problem, not even a swift kick to the head, as your resentment and hatred runs too deep. The best cure you can hope for is to fake reasonable arguments with Paul supporters online and eventually you may find yourself making well-reasoned arguments against him, rather than knee-jerk, reactionary insults.
PDS is not to be confused with RWDS or Right Wing Derangement Syndrome, which is a common affliction of Left-wing Statists.