More questions for the Presidential candidates:
- Will you support Congressional action to raise the debt ceiling or will you veto such legislation?
- Is unemployment a problem or is it a symptom of a much larger problem? Explain.
- What are the effects of labor regulations with regard to unemployment?
- What is the difference between the economic systems of capitalism, corporatism, fascism, and Socialism?
- Do treaties signed with foreign nations trump the United States Constitution?
- Are you for limited, constitutional government? Define what limited, constitutional government is to you.
- Given that the Consumer Price Index excludes food and fuel prices, do you believe that it is an accurate measure of price inflation?
- Does the FDA fulfill a necessary role in the market? Explain.
- Does the EPA fulfill a necessary role in the market? Explain.
- What do you believe interstate commerce means?
- Should an amendment be passed to extend Letters of Marque and Reprisal to non-pirate groups?
- Before engaging in a military offensive, should the President require Congressional approval in the form of a formal declaration of war or a Letter of Marque and Reprisal?
- When is the President permitted to engage in aggressive military actions?
- What is the purpose of the ATF?
- There are over 10,000 laws on the Federal books. Do you believe that this is too many, not enough, or just right? Explain.
- Every day there are no-knock SWAT raids on Americans. Do you find these raids to be constitutional? Explain.
- Is the War on Drugs a Constitutional program? Explain.
- Given that the Federal government has over 14 trillion in debt, is the Federal government bankrupt?
- What is your plan for reducing the national debt?
- Should the Federal Reserve keep interest rates low or raise them and why?
- Should private citizens be allowed to create a competing currency with the United States Dollar?
- Will you issue an executive order to undo President Nixon’s “temporary” abandonment of the Gold Standard?
- What will you do to get rid of the various redundant agencies within the Federal government?
- Do you believe that the United States Federal government is in dire need of austerity measures?
- Should all foreign aid be continued, some of it be continued, or all of it eliminated from the Federal budget?
- Should aid to non-profit groups such as Planned Parenthood be continued?
- Should the Federal government be in the business of playing favorites with corporations as they clearly do now?
- What is the best definition of the free-market you can give?
- Does God talk to you?
Well, that was fun. Too bad none of these will ever get asked on a national debate.
Post a Comment
If the post you are commenting on is more than 30 days old, your comment will have to await approval before being published. Rest assured, however, that as long as it is not spam, it will be published in due time.